Yesterday we had a great meeting, thanks for all that could make it! We moved our evening to Wednesday to avoid the Belgium game, but were still forced a bit to the back of the bar by the World Cup crowd. In the end all worked out well.
First, we had a great list of beers that were shared and sampled by those that attended. I did not take notes, so I hope I remembered all correctly:
- English Bitter
- Chris’ brewing partner session IPA
- Pale Spelt and German hops hybrid
- (Session) India Brown Ale
- Imperial India Brown Ale
- New England IPA
- Ginger Pale Ale
- Sichuan and lemongrass Saison (A/B versions, B had sake oak chips)
- English-style IPA
- Peanutbutter Weizenbock
- Imperial Breakfast Stout (korenwijn oak chips)
- Pecan Desert Stout (Pecan nuts, cocao nibs, tonka beans)
Some of the topics discussed were water profiles, DMS as an off flavour, an infection in one of the beers, kettle souring, and a possible wet hop collective brew at Erik’s in September!
Finally we discussed what we wanted to do with FOEBAR as a group and our next competition assignment. We agreed on brewing a beer themed around pumpkin for our October homebrew competition, expect an update on this website soon.