The following are the rules under which the FOEBAR Competitions take place.
- ENTERING: Our homebrewing competition is open to all. Everyone is free to enter. Only one entry per person. Any brewing technique is allowed. No registration is required, just show up with your brew at competition day. Please bring 1.5 Liter of your brew. Although strongly encouraged, you do not have to be present on that day. To stimulate further discussions after judging, please make sure your recipe can be presented (by print-out or phone).
- STYLE GUIDE: We will use the BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) guidelines and NOT the BKG, unless stated differently.
- JUDGING: Anyone present at the tasting can be a judge if they elect to; you do not have to brew to be a judge, you do not have to taste all the beers if you are a judge. Judges receive 10 cl of each brew. Rating follows the conventional score sheet, and is based on 5 criteria: Aroma (12 pts), Appearance (3pts), Flavor (20pts), Mouthfeel (5pts), that are to be judged w.r.t. the style, and Overall Impression (10pts), totaling 50 points. For each criterion and each beer, you’ll be given the opportunity to provide a comment. Score sheets will be provided.
- WINNER: The winner will receive the admiration of the crowd, and be called The Brew Master until we forget about this. Sometimes we will have small prizes in form of beer or other which we will hand out to the winner(s).
- LEFTOVERS: You maintain ownership of the leftover bottles, although swapping is encouraged.
- REMINDERS: Reminders will be sent, the last one two weeks before the event, still leaving you enough time to brew.
- AFFILIATION: This contest is not affiliated with any national or international homebrewing organisation; judging therein does not count towards any point scheme.